COURSE HELD ON WEDNESDAY AT 1:00PM
Safe and Secure offers the American Heart Association Heartsaver Instructor Course for individuals seeking to become Heartsaver Instructors.
The course is offered in a blended learning format that includes:
- AHA Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online
- Heartsaver Instructor Course in-person session
For successful completion, instructor candidates must:
- be accepted by Safe and Secure Training and Certification before enrolling in a Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with Safe and Secure.
- have a current Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card and be proficient in all Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED skills.
- successfully complete the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course (both the online and classroom portion). Candidates must print the completion certificate.
- successfully be monitored teaching their first course within six months of completing the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course. (Safe and Secure can require additional monitoring if needed).